No. 6 Notice on Enhancing Prevention and Control of COVID-19
February 3rd, 2020
No. 6 Notice on Enhancing Prevention and Control of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Outbreak of Suzhou Municipal Government
In line with the first-level emergency response of Jiangsu Province to safeguard public health and wellbeing and effectively contain the spread of the novel coronavirus pneumonia, in accordance with the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China, Law on Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases of the People’s Republic of China, Emergency Response Law of the People’s Republic of China and Regulations on Preparedness for and Response to Public Health Hazards, this notice hereby specifies the legal obligations and responsibilities that the public should take in the prevention and control of epidemics in Suzhou.
I. Medical tests and relevant information registrations should be done voluntarilyaccording to regulations at places such as railway stations, traffic intersections, and the entrances of villages (communities), enterprises and other institutions. Those who deliberately conceal facts or refuse to cooperate in inquiries duly carried out shall be punished according to relevant regulations. Those constitute a violation of public security regulations or even a crime shall be subject to punishment by the police according to applicable laws.
II. During the epidemic prevention and control, people under the following circumstances must voluntarily report health conditions, take medical tests, be quarantined for no less than 14 days, and truthfully inform the medical and epidemic prevention and control staff:
1. Having visited, traveled to or resided in Hubei Province or Wenzhou City of Zhejiang Province within the recent two weeks;
2. Having contact with people from Hubei Province or Wenzhou City of Zhejiang Province within the recent two weeks and showing symptoms such as fever and cough;
3. Having close contacts with the suspected or confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia; or having close contacts with a number of people with the symptoms such as fever and cough;
4. Having other suspected symptoms.
III. Those suspected or confirmed of having Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia, and those who are required to receive isolated treatment or quarantine at home or in designated places shall fulfill the following obligations. Anyone who fails to fulfill these obligations shall bear civil, administrative or criminal responsibility according to applicable laws and regulations.
1. Cooperate with necessary control measures taken by disease control centers including isolated treatment and quarantine in designated places. Those who refuse to cooperate will be subject to compulsory enforcement with assistance of the police. Those constitute a violation of public security regulations will be subject to administrative sanctions imposed by the police according to applicable laws.
2. While answering an epidemiological survey or seeing a doctor, truthfully reveal information including history of residing in or travel to epidemic areas and history of contact with an infected case. Those who intentionally withhold such information and thus causing the spread of the disease and harm to persons or property will be held liable to civil responsibilities according to applicable laws. A serious case might constitute an offense of Negligent Endangering Public Security by Dangerous Means.
3. While receiving isolated treatment or quarantine, cooperate with legitimate control measures proposed by disease control centers. Those who escape quarantine or have contact with unauthorized personnel and thus causing the spread of the disease and harm to persons or property will be held liable to civil responsibilities according to applicable laws. A serious case might constitute an offense of Impairing Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases.
4. Those who hinder by violence or threats the legitimate epidemic prevention and control measures executed by public officials might be charged with Interference with Public Function.
Everyone is held accountable in the fight against 2019-nCoV epidemic. Your full support and cooperation is indispensable. We believe that as long as every one of us fulfills our legal obligations and shoulder responsibilities, we will definitely win this fight!
Suzhou Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Prevention and Control Headquarters
Source: The Foreign Affairs Office of Suzhou Municipal Government