Last updated on May 14, 2012
Digital development has been a big trend in Suzhou. Many public venues have been covered with free or low-priced wifi hotspots since the first outdoor one was constructed by China Telecom Suzhou in May 2008.
Suzhou Industrial Park has been covered with the most wifi hotspots in the city. China Telecom Suzhou began to construct the wifi project in SIP from August 2007, covering 13.05 square kilometers, including the central business district, Ligongdi, CWD, Dushu Lake Higher Education Town and the surrounding areas.
There are nearly 600 wifi hotspots in the park now, covering most public venues such as Suzhou Culture and Arts Center, Hanlinyuan Apartment in Dushu Lake Higher Education Town and Suzhou International Exhibition Center. Eventually, the whole park will have wifi access.
Additionally, in the near future, people will be able to use one account number to log in to all wifi hotspots operated by different carriers in the park.
Meanwhile, China Telecom Suzhou will renovate wifi hotspots in phone booths. In the future, 6,000-10,000 wifi hotspots in the phone booths will be built and almost all areas of Suzhou will be covered.
Sixteen phone booths on Guanqian Street have been renovated and labeled “wifi.” People can access the wifi network within 50 meters of each phone booth. China Telecom Suzhou said that they would complete the construction of wifi hotspots in at least half of all phone booths.
New Island Café, Starbucks and Costa Coffee also offer free wifi.
How to connect WiFi in Suzhou Industrial Park
Use cell phone to connect wifi
1. Open the clients in your cell phone and connect to “ChinaNet@SIP”
2. Input your cell phone number and click on “acquire password,” then a message with your password will be sent.
3. The cell phone should then automatically connect to the network; if not, you will need to input the password manually. After you log in, you can minimize the window in the bottom
Use WEB or WAP to connect wifi
1. Click on “ChinaNet@SIP” to connect in the covered venues.
2. Open the website, input your cell phone number and click “Acquire Password”. You will get a message with a password.
3. Input your password and click “login.” Then you can connect to the Internet.